What is a ScrumMaster?
An agile project manager emphasizes facilitation, leadership and communication over traditional command-and-control activities. In the Scrum framework, this role is called “ScrumMaster” as a constant reminder of the differences between agile and traditional project management. The ScrumMaster’s role is to maximize the team’s efforts toward its goals while removing the impediments that stand in its way. Successful completion of a two-day ScrumMaster Certification course, taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer, is a requisite for taking the Certified ScrumMaster exam. Upon completion of the course, attendees are eligible to take the exam, the successful completion of which results in the designation of "Certified ScrumMaster" from the Scrum Alliance.
After you complete the course, you’ll know:
- All the rules, artifacts, meetings and processes for Scrum
- Why the ScrumMaster is such an important role, and how to be a great ScrumMaster
- How to motivate others to support your Scrum efforts
- Where to look for more information and how to get your questions answered
Next session in Luxembourg: 10-11 December 2015
Why CollabNet ?
CollabNet provides products and services to encourage project success in a world of change.
- Re-take the course at no charge Get twice the value - attend again for more depth or to get a different perspective
- Use your trainer as your mentor Build a relationship with your CST and ask whatever you need to be successful in your job
- Pass the ScrumAlliance exam We'll work with you until you pass the test, so you're assured to earn your certification
Cancellations made between 19 and 11 business days of the event will entitle the customer
a partial refund of 80% (deduction of a 20% cancellation fee). Cancellations made within 10 business days of the event will be credited toward future events. However, no refunds will be issued.
No refunds or credits will be available for "no-shows." Substitutions will be accepted at any time prior to commencement of the course.
Certified Scrum Master Course
In this two-day course, you will apply the Scrum framework to build a new product. You will learn what it feels like to be on a Scrum team—experiencing many of the challenges you're likely to face—while being coached by someone involved with the application of Scrum at many organizations. This “learning by doing” style of instruction demands your open mind and active participation. We will apply the experiential activities to discussion of advanced topics such as how to use Scrum in multiple-team organizations, how to measure progress empirically at a macro level, release planning to maximize ROI, and why such a simple framework disrupts organizations to be the best they can be. The CSM course will cover the following topics (among others) through two days of interactive exercises, lecture, and discussion:
- Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Requirements Analysis
- Estimating and Prioritizing Product Backlogs
- Sprint Planning, Execution, Review, and Retrospectives
- What does "Done" mean?
- Technical Debt and other pitfalls
- Release planning based on empirical measurement
- Scrum in multiple-team organizations
- Q & A
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive:
- Qualification for ScrumMaster Certification (passing the exam is a required follow-on step for certification)
- Payment of your first two year dues for the Scrum Alliance
- 14 PDUs from PMI (Project Management Institute). This class also satisfies 14 of the 21 training hours for the PMI/ACP certification (for the full 21 hours, consider the CollabNet PMI/ACP Prep course).
- Membership in the CollabNet Agile Community
Price 2015:1400 € H.T.
Managers, Project Managers, Team Managers